New Agreement Enables Allscripts to Resell NoteSwift™ 2.0 to Treat More Patients with Fewer Clicks
Boston, MA, March 18, 2015 – NoteSwift Inc. and Allscripts (NASDAQ:MDRX) have entered into an agreement for Allscripts to market and resell NoteSwift 2.0 for Allscripts Professional EHR™. In response to customer demand, this strategic agreement may help providers reduce the time spent on creating patient documentation by more than half through the use of medical speech recognition.
NoteSwift extends the power of speech recognition, letting the provider enter structured data as well as offering complete navigation within the Allscripts Professional EHR. NoteSwift helps improve productivity by tightly integrating with Allscripts Professional EHR and Dragon® Medical speech recognition software. NoteSwift’s comprehensive understanding of both provider requirements and Allscripts Professional EHR virtually eliminates mouse clicks, which is a major pain point that providers state impedes EHR use.
“Physicians want to see improved product usability, and one of the ways to accomplish this is by simply reducing the number of clicks,” says Steve Lalonde, General Manager, Allscripts Professional Business Unit. “We know how NoteSwift has enhanced the medical speech recognition process. It was an easy decision for us to add NoteSwift to our offerings and supply it directly to our users to help reduce clicks and speed up the patient documentation process. After a physician walked me through the math of 8 clicks per patient, times 20 patients per day, in a practice of 60 physicians, it was clear how the productivity savings will add up fast.”
“Allscripts has listened to its customers to help them overcome usability challenges,” says Wayne Crandall, President and CEO of NoteSwift. “We worked closely with the Allscripts team to integrate NoteSwift with the Allscripts Unity Open™ Platform, seamlessly adapt speech recognition to the provider’s workflow and eliminate clicks, resulting in faster patient documentation with greater accuracy.” With NoteSwift 2.0 for Allscripts Professional EHR, you can:
- Enter structured data – Reason for Visit accepts recognized speech as structured data to support Meaningful Use (MU) guidelines and reduces reimbursement denials with more accurate submissions.
- Reduce steps by speaking shortlist protocols in the ‘Assessment and Plan’ and deliver an entire protocol with one spoken command.
- Dictate and parse prescription information automatically and naturally – the drug name, strength, dosage, refill count, etc. and the data is automatically entered and ready to ePrescribe.
- Enter diagnoses with the appropriate ICD-10 codes to support accurate billing and reporting.
- Dictate procedures alongside the correct CPT codes without having to enter codes manually.
NoteSwift is dedicated to improving physician workflow with innovative technology solutions. The company was founded by Dr. Chris Russell, a software engineer and neurologist, who recognized that medical speech recognition was an unfulfilled technology in practice, however with great promise. He developed NoteSwift to alleviate the challenges he had in his daily workflow and it’s now available for general practitioners as well as specialty areas.